Actually my weekend started great. Coming home from work a big package blocked my door. It was few gallons of Smooth Cast 305 that I ordered the other day. I didn´t expect it to arrive before the weekend, so I switched plans from printing the boxes for the mates to casting mates. So far so good...
First I broke the master. Fixing the master head in the master body, I managed to break off the whole front of the "collar". Great! Well, at that point in time I was not too frustrated, because I still had the mold, right.
So, get ready for casting. The first two bundles came out fine. When I started the third one, it was getting dark and cold outside, so I decided to continue inside with an open window for the necessary fresh air. 30 minutes after having poured the resin inside the molds, I realized that the resin did not transform into a solid smooth white toy but a slug-soft something, which actually decided to join the silicon mold here and there. It tooks me several ours to clean the mold. It was not perfect, but I hoped for a good next cast anyway... So - mates, when the SC manual tells you that this resin needs to be kept dry even during the casting process - believe it. It sucks water even from the air like a black does and ruins cast and mold!!!
Next day I gave it another try. This time I used a lot of release agent to be sure that everything goes well. Air was dry. Let´s do it! After the standard waiting time of 30 minutes, I entered the room and was really happy to see a solid white material. This happiness ended quite abrupt, when I demolded the body and realized that parts of the mold stuck on the cast.
So - here I am. No master, no mold and only few casts, which are not perfect enough to become the master for a new mold!
I will get back to you, when I have a clue on how to continue....